The picture of the High Street and Willetts was taken in 1909 and was part of a series that included the same children. A barn of Loxwood Place Farm is on the left which has since been demolished, a cart of logs is on the right. The ancient Elm tree in the centre was hollow and apparently in 1887 eighteen people managed to stand inside it!
Willetts is Grade II Listed constructed around c1600 and may have originally been a farmhouse belonging to Drungewick Manor.
Willets was occupied by the Dependant Brethren towards the end of the 1800’s.
In the early 20th century land around Willetts was a farm operated by the Dependant Brethren with the crops sold in the Combination Stores.
In 1938 Willetts was one of the first houses in the village to have electricity connected.
In the Second World War Willetts was the village Red Cross and Home Guard Dressing Station.
In 1954 the first plant nursery opened at Willetts which was operated by Major Harold Mudford.