The picture was kindly provided by Gareth Evans of Billingshurst Dairy. It was taken at his fathers Loxwood Dairy in the late 1960s. Loxwood Dairy was along the Guildford Road from North Hall, on the right-hand side.
The first dairy in the village however may have been at a dairy farm on Station Road and the deliveries were probably made door to door using a hand cart.
In 1945 Miss F Kilner was an officer of “Loxwood Dairy”.
The Kilner family-owned land between Spy Lane and Guildford Road.
After 1947 milk was bottled at source because of the national requirement for pasteurisation.
In 1961 Loxwood Dairy took over the milk rounds of Sweephurst Farm, Wisborough Green and that included the deliveries to Loxwood.
Loxwood Dairy was then operating from the land next to North Hall.
The company was sold in 1986 to Taylors of Wick Farm, Littlehampton.