10

Church of St. John The Baptist

KEY POINTS

  • The picture from 1909 of Loxwood Church shows the Lynch Gate entrance in the left hand corner and the Victorian Schoolhouse in the background.
  • Loxwood Church was constructed between August 1900 and August 1901.
  • The architect was Rowland Plumbe Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects.
  • The Land was generously donated by Lionel Constable of the Ifold Manor Estate.
  • The Vicar of Loxwood was Reverend Connard Hatton Hildebrand.
  • The East Window is dedicated to Reverend John Davies Trigge the First Vicar of Loxwood.
  • Eight pews from the 15th century were moved to the church in 1901 from the original Chapel of Ease.
  • The Font is dedicated to London Master Butcher and Loxwood Patron John Garton.
  • A Brass dedication on the north wall of the church is for the First Churchwarden Henry Botting.

TIMELINE

Edward VII 1901 – 1910 (House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha).

Church of St. John The Baptist, Loxwood 1909
error: Content is protected !!